HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Hypocisy and Arrogance
Author: David Dickey 
Date:   2005-12-07 07:53:23

Ain't it ironic how hypocrisy and arrogance have a way of coming around and biting you right in the @!#$?
Cunningham has found it to be true. Delay soon will. (hopefully)
Gingrich knows. Rush Limbaugh (Director of Pain Management) knows but doesn't get it.

Re: Hypocisy and Arrogance
Author: R. Middlemas 
Date:   2005-12-07 09:02:02

I choose to view it as the universe taking it's rightful shape and coming into focus, if only for a few moments.

If looked at objectively, I feel that Randy did just about everything he could to get caught. Something does not compute with this....the impunity with which he acted. Is it simply what many have said here (myself included) that Randy was stunningly dim when it came to his corruption? What it the certain and sure belief that he was insulated from inquiry? Of the two, I believe the latter is closer to the mark.

One has to ask, if this was the water he and others were swimming in, what does this say about those waters? And by extension, the process and the system that supplies those waters? I don't mean to beat a metaphor to death but you see my point.

I am not saying he is a product of a corrupt system and therefore, somehow, less culpable. It just revels, in stark relief for all to see, just how bad the environment and system is that allowed and, dare I say, encouraged this type of behavior.

Taken even further - what are we to do and think about that?

Irony? Perhaps. Or is it the fearful status quo?

Date:   2005-12-07 09:09:52

When Lou Holtz was coaching he had a "do right". It doesn't have to be written. You know what is right and what is wrong. Just "do right".

Author: Paul 
Date:   2005-12-07 09:59:14

Cunningham's corruption program was so stupid . . . I mean deposit checks into your own U.S. account and then not claim the money on income taxes. We all know that the bank turns in all deposits over $10,000 usd . . . don’t we?

He simply had to be very stupid, or believe in his entitlement or that he was untouchable . . . or all of the above. In India a lot of people who are "untouchable" are also referred to as "unclean" . . . definitely the case here!

One comment that the U.S. Attorney has NOT made is ". . . this was a very sophisticated bribery scheme."

Date:   2005-12-07 10:36:11

I think the ole boy was, as we used to say in East Texas, "eat up with the dumb-@!#$"

Date:   2005-12-07 12:49:31

I love that expression! In deed a terminal case of the dumb-@!#$"

Author: Phil Karn 
Date:   2005-12-07 15:18:26

Indeed, Cunningham was consistently voted "No Rocket Scientist" by a poll of Congressional aides. That fact was apparent in nearly everything the man said and did. Only a complete moron could possibly have thought that he could get away with receiving tangible bribes during his actual term of office. Or maybe he just didn't think about it at all.

A somewhat less stupid politician — @!#$ Cheney, say — will settle for an unwritten understanding that he'll be amply rewarded for his official actions with a cushy consultancy or corporate executive job •after• leaving office. And nobody can prove anything.

As somebody said in a story about Duke said, if the man wanted to make a ton of money, all he had to do was retire from Congress and become a lobbyist.

Author: Phil Karn 
Date:   2005-12-07 15:19:39

That's pretty funny that when I typed the first name of the vice president of the United States in my last message, it was apparently censored automatically by the blog software. Heh.

Date:   2005-12-07 15:32:33

V.P. "I am a @!#$ and the Prince of Darkness" Chaney.

Yep, that is the usual deal . . . take care of me after I am out of office. And everyone plays ball.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/763
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]