HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Rumor
Author: Paul 
Date:   2005-12-03 09:57:56

A former Fed Prosecutor that I know, we went to college together, sez that the word on the street is that an employee of MZM Inc., Wade's company that bought the house in Del Mar, blew the whistle and provided the road map for tracking the monies funneled out of MZM, Inc. to former Congressman Cunningham.

Makes sense. . . .

Re: Rumor
Author: x man 
Date:   2005-12-03 13:06:29

How's does something that apparently was so blantant take 5 years to be revealed? What does that tell you about the smart ones that know how to covwer their trail??

Author: John 
Date:   2005-12-03 13:18:21

Paul, it does make sense.

About the same time the UT originally broke the story, the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) filed a complaint on behalf of three former MZM employees. The complaint alleged they were "forced" to contribute to MZM's PAC, and that the contributions were illegal.

Also, at least two retired Army generals – King and Hall – both worked at MZM. They must have known about the bribes between Wade and Cunningham, and been disgusted. My guess is one or both finally did the right thing, and spilled the beans.

http://www.citizensforethics.org/press/newsrelease.php?view=64
CREW Complaint

http://www.publicintegrity.org/wow/bio.aspx?act=pro&ddlC=40
MZM Background

——————————-

My whole life I've lived aboveboard," Cunningham said. "I've never even smoked a marijuana cigarette. I don't cheat. If a contractor buys me lunch and we meet a second time, I buy the lunch. My whole life has been aboveboard and so this doesn't worry me." (from the UT, 6/12/05)

Date:   2005-12-03 14:52:32

Yep, bet this filing discussed here - http://www.citizensforethics.org/press/newsrelease.php?view=64 - led to it.

As for that self serving quote, it was just that.

Can anyone recall a more significant "fall from grace?" My gawd, this guy was a living, national hero. Around Miramar back then, a lot of people would have made book that he was getting the medal . . . the Medal of Honor. Now, had he gotten it, they would be sendng a MOH recepient to prison for taking bribes and suborning his office as a congressman.

This man did not think this through . . . I bet some accounting type at MZM that was forced to contribute, said, "To hell with this and to hell with them" and marched into the U.S. attorney's office. And the rest, as is said, ". . . is history."

Cunningham is too old to face this kind of prison time . . . what could he have been thinking?

Jeeze, this is so bad, so sad.

Again, my hat is off to Dan for seeing this so long ago and seeing it through. Because he caught a lot of crap from the "Cunninghamphiles." The conservatives do not like it, but the greatest asset that this country has it the freedom of speech. Re-reading the threads, do you notice that not one attacker, attacked the message, they aways attacked, usually personally, the messinger. Ah,the right wing!

Date:   2005-12-05 19:41:05

Newsweek jumps in . . . looks like that reporter got to speak to a few . . .
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10313613/site/newsweek/

Date:   2005-12-05 23:21:57

The Newsweek article says at the end what I know to be true . . . I did not feed it to them . . . .

By Evan Thomas and Jamie Reno
Newsweek
Dec. 12, 2005 issue

"In the tight fraternity of naval aviators, Cunningham's extreme case of delayed adolescence was always covered up. But his fellow flyboys were not fooled. Last week at the office of the chief of Naval Air Forces in San Diego, a gathering of the Navy's top aviation admirals watched as he confessed at a teary press conference. According to an officer who was there, the admirals were delighted to see Cunningham finally get shot down."

The Navy has finally cut him adrift . . .

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/702
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]