HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Randy's contriteness
Author: Rex Rightly 
Date:   2005-11-29 06:33:35

I saw Duke on TV this morning, talking about his recent conviction on bribery charges.

That poor man! I've never ssen anyone so remorseful. I wonder how he managed to live with himself all those years before they caught him?

Re: Randy's contriteness
Author: Cynthia Lee 
Date:   2005-11-29 13:59:01

Actually, if you had been paying any attention whatsoever, you'd know that they caught him back in June. But he didn't seem like he was having a very hard time living with himself back then! He all but openly dared the DA to take him to court, proclaimed his unqualified innocence, and refused to resign. Remorseful? Sorry, I don't buy it. I'll give him credit for being a human being, and any human being would understandably be horrified and terrified at the prospect of being incarcerated. But that is very different from remorse.

Author: Rex Rightly 
Date:   2005-11-29 19:10:54

Irony is wasted on some people.

Author: Dan 
Date:   2005-11-29 19:50:56

So is sarcasim.

These subtleties of language seem to be lost on many in our culture these days. I guess you just have to hit some individuals over the head.

Author: Paul 
Date:   2005-11-29 20:22:52

Sadly, I feel that he was/is sad because he was caught and what it will cost him . . . he was not sad because he had done wrong. This went on for a while; surely it did not take getting caught for him to know that his actions were wrong.

Sadly, his regrets are about the consequences that he faces, not the suborning of his duties of office.

Author: Cynthia Lee 
Date:   2005-11-29 22:36:26

Hahaha sorry Rex! The joke is on me...

I was surfing all over today and actually ran into worse comments than yours that were NOT sarcastic! (ever been to freerepublic...)

Author: Paul 
Date:   2005-11-30 00:48:35

Cynthia, thanks for the referral to http://www.freerepublic.com . . . great stuff!

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/607
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]