HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Dispensing with pretense
Author: R. Middlemas 
Date:   2005-10-05 16:09:37

Well, here is the latest:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/20051005-9999-7m5duke.html

What happened to the promise to whack up the proceeds from the sale of the Rancho Santa Fe house to charity?

Clearly that was way back when Randy was consumed with fear at being caught. If so, then he sure is a slow learner.

I have a feeling crushing legal bills have something to do with it. That, and a patent inabillity to deal in good faith.

Nice attitude with the "Oh, the gains are only $300,000 from the Del Mar house so that's all I am willing to forfit.". Clearly Randy is revealing his endgame. He feels that he can skate with a minor charge and keep whatever procedes he takes minus the 300K.”.

When in doubt act indignant and attack. I guess he has been watching Delay like the rest of us....

Re: Dispensing with pretense
Author: Paul 
Date:   2005-10-06 00:20:29

The court is holding all the net proceeds. This is a reasonable solution.

Date:   2005-10-06 07:37:49

You are right Paul. It is a reasonable solution.

I was commenting more on his change of heart with regards to the house sale profit along with the change in tone. A tone that says, at least to me, "Hey, 300k is not that much....everyone just get over it." The slight change going from "I'm totally innocent" to "I may be guilty, but only a little..."

Admittedly, I am not without prejudice in how I read things...It just seems to stink.

Date:   2005-10-06 08:23:50

Just found another page that illustrates what I was getting at:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/op-ed/vandeerlin/20050630-9999-lz1e30vandeer.html

Rarely, in the early breaking days of an investigation, does the same sentiment expressed by the accused stay the same. I recall that Randy issued apologetic innocent statements defending himself. He choose to step down from office. He said he would sell the house and share proceeds with local charities...one I am sure would have been run by one of his buddies...

I am sure he is kicking himself for agreeing to step down. In the wake of that mistake, he is trying to retain all he can for the post game.

Author: Paul 
Date:   2005-10-06 15:17:17

Your recall is absolutely correct. Good sniffing!

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/534
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]