HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 I couldn't have said it better...
Author: R. Middlemas 
Date:   2007-03-14 00:22:57

Amazing article:

"Lam's firing has always been at the heart of this. I've had a lot of people ask me why we devoted so much virtual ink to this story so early. But the truth is that by rights Lam's dismissal should have sounded alarm bells for everyone on day one.

What people tend to overlook is that for most White House's a US attorney involved in such a politically charged and ground-breaking corruption probe would have been untouchable, even if she'd run her office like a madhouse and was offering free twinkies to every illegal who made it across the border. Indeed, when you view the whole context you see that the idea she was fired for immigration enforcement is just laughable on its face. No decision about her tenure could be made without the main issue being that investigation. It's like hearing that Pat Fitzgerald was fired as Plamegate prosecutor for poor deportment or because he was running up too many air miles flying back and forth from Chicago."

~ Josh Marshall

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/013019.php

Personally, I think the fact that Lam was closing in on Rep. Jerry Lewis was the potential whale that prompted the White House to act, and act quick.
I don't think Lewis or the White House ever thought that the firings would go uncontested. I think all it was intended to do was to give Lewis and others who were going to be investigated a bit more time to put their houses in order. That means getting all their stories straight, organized timelines, shred evidence and partner up on what to do, and with who.

Look at the time line as to when all this took place. Consider the progression:

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/013023.php

Re: I couldn't have said it better...
Author: Paul 
Date:   2007-03-14 00:36:22

Yep, I agree. After they got Cunningham, Lam had worn out her welcome. The Administration synched up after that and got rid of those AAGs hitting republicans or not going after democrats before the election.

The funny thing now is that no new AAG can go after the democrats that we being investigated because the democrats will howl ''witch hunt.''

Cunningham sucking it up and biting the bullet very quickly always impressed me. I still believe that Cunningham stepped up to the plate and took one for the team.

I await an pardon for Cunningham and Libby at the end of Bush's term.

Re: I couldn't have said it better...
Author: R. Middlemas 
Date:   2007-03-16 08:52:03

Even more information. Very revealing. Check out the dates in April and May.

Where there is smoke, usually there is fire.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/usa-timeline.php

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/2372
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]