HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Duke Cunningham and the military
Author: Jerry Byrne 
Date:   2004-03-14 08:08:11

I came across your website about Senator Cunningham on a general search for Vietnam era aviation aces. I didn't look hard for any references to his war record on your site, but after hitting a few links, it is clear you don't like him. As an American, you have that right and people like Mr. Cunningham will always be ready to fight and die to preserve that right for you and me.

I am hard right or left in politics. I am more of an environmentalist than anything, but I have an unflagging respect for Vietnam veterans that fought for freedom on the other side of the planet, as it seems Americans are destined to do because nobody else will, in a war that was justly and inspiringly brought to an end by civil protest.

That war can be looked at in so many ways, Mr. Cunningham came home in the role of a villain. The military is quite different than civilian life, that's the number one reason our founding fathers made the most powerful military position, the president, a civilian role. But soldiers can not look at orders and analyze and decide which to follow and which to disobey. Sorry to waste your time, it just hurts to see an ace get this harsh treatment. I know his record as a politician is questionable but his record as a soldier is exemplary. It was tough for those guys. Please keep that in mind.

Re: Duke Cunningham and the military
Author: apryl remmer 
Date:   2005-02-18 12:27:49

Dear Mr. Byrne,

Why do people like yourself take offense to someone's varied opinion about a military person's record and say "that this person fought for our country and is not a "villian"?!?
I have read this entire website and have concluded that he is not putting down Rep. Cunningham's(not Senator) military diligence, nor is he putting him down for fighting our country in a tough war.

He is simply stating the hypocrisy of Rep. Cunningham ie;he supports only Serbian Christians not Muslim Croatians yet we now are in a war to give liberty and freedom to Muslims, Shiites, and other Non-Christian people.

That my friend is hypocrisy!

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/184
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]